Things have been quite hectic in the office lately as we prepare for the Merola Gala, A Royal Affair – Tiaras Optional. I can’t believe it’s just around the corner!
We’ve spent the last few weeks putting the finishing touches on the auction catalog, and let me tell you, it’s a pretty spectacular auction. It’s always dangerous for me to put together the catalog because I get carried away imagining how fabulous my life would be if I bought all the travel packages or all the dining certificates. This year I’ve also been fantasizing about starting my own wine collection – despite the fact that I have absolutely no room to store all the fantastic wines we are offering this year and the fact that I don’t really know all that much about wine.
Here are a few things I’m looking forward to the most about this year’s gala:
- Having real wine experts on hand at the auction to help answer questions about wine and help guests pick out the perfect wine (which will make starting my home cellar that much easier…)
- Spending the evening at the beautiful Four Seasons Hotel
- Drooling over the amazing travel packages we have this year including TWO trips to Hawaii (which were especially tempting during the rainstorm we had last week) and a jaw-dropping VIP wine country getaway at Greystone Estate in the Vines.
- Dressing up in my brand new dress that I bought especially for the event
- Seeing Merola guests in their tiaras (hopefully!)
The whole staff has really gotten into the royal theme, especially once we decided we’d like to name the tables after some of operas most famous royal characters. Our list got too long for me to post here, but we’d love to hear who your favorite royal characters are. Personally, I think I’d like to sit at the Xerxes table, but the Lucrezia Borgia table could also be a lot of fun…
If you haven’t bought your tickets yet, there’s still time! Just click here.